Happy New Years! Can you believe its 2013? What? Crazy! Time goes by so fast! Okay one of my new years resolution is to be better at "journal" writing, taking pictures, writing things down etc. So I thought why not blog it? Typing is easier and then others can connect with us easily through it! Yay! :) Okay so Bradley is going to the Police Academy Jan 7th! We are so excited, I'm a little anxious. Money will be tight, but hey we will make it work! I have decided to be more inventive and do more Do It Yourself (DIY) kind of things. So today I made my own mayonnaise. Didn't have any and wanted to make ranch dressing for my salad. (another one of my resolutions...eat better and lose all this weight I gained with Lyla!) So here's the recipe cause I know some of you are dying for it :) I also
thought I would put together a book of things I make myself! (All of which are none of my own recipes unless I say it is)
Mayonnaise
2 Large Eggs
1 c. Oil
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
I Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Separate Yolk and white of two eggs. Place yolks in a medium size bowl and beat until light yellow. While beating eggs add the oil 1 teaspoon at a time until 1/4 cup has been added. Continue beating and increase the amounts of oil alternating the vinegar and lemon juice until 3/4 cup of oil is added. Mixture should thicken as you add the oil. If it is add the rest of the oil. Add the salt at the end of the process. And chill before using.
Okay so I use 1 part mayo. and 1 part greek yogurt (a good substitute for sour cream) and then my ranch mix and it was pretty good and I am pretty sure healthier. :)
My goal is to update weekly but at least once a month so I will post more probably on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment