Thursday, January 3, 2013

Creamy Chicken on Rice (Crockpot)

Okay wanted to post a recipe we are eating. Thought I had 6 minutes to post it. :) Its creamy chicken on rice. It's bomb! And did I mention a CROCKPOT recipe! Love the crockpot!

3-5 Chicken Breasts (depending how "saucey" you want it or how much chn you have, most the time I thaw my chn then it will be done in 4 hrs.)

2 cans of cream of mushroom (you can use chn, but I love mushroom, I'll be making my own crm of soup too when I run out or get in the mood to make it)

I add a diced onion, but its optional

1 pkt of Italian Seasoning (I will be making my own when I run out of my packets stay tuned for recipe)

cook for 4-6 hrs

last 1-2 hours add 8 oz of cream cheese (sometimes I add with everything at the beginning i think it turns out the same but my sister in law says to do it at the end)

I steam broccoli and add it to this recipe so it has some veggies in it. I have also added more mushrooms in the crockpot or peppers. Pretty much anything you want. This isn't a healthy meal but you can make it healthier by adding your fav. veggies. And then you will want to serve over rice. I converted to brown rice and love it. Takes a little longer to cook, but I can't really taste the difference. I love it! I think its better than white! Okay that's it. I think you could totally prepare this in a large freezer bag and freeze it so all you do is dump it all in the crock pot. When I get myself a freezer chest this is what I will do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment